Monday, March 2, 2009

Whose living inside my body?

Some strange, nosey, butt-in-sky has taken over my body and I don't know what to do about it. Yesterday a man in a bright yellow/orange workman's vest got in the elevator on my floor. For some reason, I did what no one in NYC does, I asked him where he worked. Time Warner cable he said with a smile at which point I went on a tirade about the service or lack there of; complained that my Oscar party had to be canceled because I couldn't get a picture and that my phone and computer both were also on the fritz and also under their domain. By the time we made the short, but what must have felt like a very long trip to him from the 4th floor to the lobby-- I was demanding a 3 day credit. Next stop, my house guest-- just as he was about to leave for a meeting, I felt compelled to comment on his outfit. I told him he looked like a homeless man. I let nothing go. I comment on everything. I write the government, my Senator other people's Senators, ...send the President notes on his performance, there isn't a network I don't send notes to including Cable. I even questioned my favorite neighborhood diner's decision to build a really ugly, gigantic fish tank? Why do I care? Apparently it's making someone happy. I know when I'm flying above my body--watching the crazy person I've become, that something's not right but I can't stop. Back to my house guest. I sent him an email apologizing for making such a rude comment about his appearance. He thanked me for it, and then the next morning as he was about to leave for yet another meeting I said it AGAIN. He really should dress better.

1 comment:

  1. Poor cable guy... haha It's ok to be a little crazy every now and then. ;)

    ReplyDelete